MoEngage Web Push is supported on
- Chrome (version 42+ on Mac OS, Windows, Linux and Android)
- Firefox (version 44+ on MacOS, Windows, Linux and Android)
- Opera (version 37+ on MacOS, Windows and Android)
Head over to Web Push Settings in your MoEngage Dashboard Settings -> Push -> Web Push. Proceed to configure the following settings:
We depend on GCM Project Number and its corresponding API Server Key to send Web Push notifications. To get these, you can
- EITHER use MoEngage GCM credentials by clicking on Fill Default as shown in below snapshot
- OR refer to our documentation to get your own credentials
MoEngage GCM Credentials
These GCM credentials are also used by our other clients and your push subscribers will be associated with this MoEngage Google Project. It is recommended to create your own Google Project which will enable you to manage your push subscribers and avoid failures in case Google limits the subscribers count in future.
All Web Push notifications should contain an icon - by default you will see the MoEngage icon. You can change this by uploading your Brand’s logo.
Depending on your domain type (HTTP/HTTPS), you can proceed to